Long History, Brilliant Culture
Pubyok Pavilion is on the Taedong River of Moran Hill in Pyongyang.
It was built as an annex of Yongmyong Temple in 393 of Koguryo and so it was called Yongmyong Pavilion but was renamed Pubyok Pavilion at the beginning of the 12th century.
Pubyok Pavilion reconstructed in the beginning of the 12th century was rebuilt in 1614 and later repaired two times.
It is in good harmony with the landscape of beautiful Moran Hill.
It is an edifice showing the high architecture of the Korean people and a valuable legacy of national culture associated with the patriotism of the Korean people who turned out in the defence of the country.