Pyongyang International Cultural Exchange Society
1. Purpose and Characteristics
The Pyongyang International Cultural Exchange Society (PICES) was established in Pyongyang on the 18th October, 2017 with the purpose of contributing to the development of the culture of mankind and the building of a just and peaceful new world by way of publicizing abroad the long history, culture and tradition of Korea and developing the cultural exchange and cooperation with foreign organizations and individuals.
(1) The PICES is a non-governmental civil organization engaging in the cultural exchange with organizations and personages in countries and regions of the world.
(2) The PICES works with a relative independence under the jurisdiction of the DPRK.
2. Head Office
The Head Office of the PICES is seated in Pyongyang, DPRK.
3. Organizational System of PICES
1) General Meeting
- The supreme guiding organ of the PICES is the general meeting.
- The general meeting is convened once a year in principle, but more when needed.
- The general meeting reviews the results of the annual work of the PICES and the execution of its budget and deliberates its budget of the coming year and endorses it.
- The general meeting elects the standing committee of PICES (President, Vice-President, Members).
- The general meeting revises and complements the statute.
2) Standing Committee
① The standing committee is the governing body that guides the PICES during the interval between general meetings.
② The standing committee is consisted of President, Vice-President, three Members who are elected in the general meeting.
③ The stuffs of state organs or public organizations in partnership with the PICES can be elected to members of the standing committee in an individual capacity.
④ The standing committee deliberates and decides the appointment and dismissal of the secretary general.
The secretariat is an executive body in charge of regular activities of the PICES.
The secretariat consists of the secretary general and different departments
Everybody is eligible for membership, who approves and hopes to join it.
The membership of the PICES is obliged to keep fully to the requirements stipulated in the statute.
5. Duty of the PICES
1) The PICES assists the foreigners’ activities of writing and publishing various works introducing the politics, the economy, history and culture of the DPRK.
2) The PICES encourages to organizes and execute at home and abroad an exhibition or fair of the books, photographs, works of art, embroidery and other creations of culture in order to strengthen the mutual cultural relations with various counties of the world.
3) The PICES draws up and executes the plan for supporting the potential projects for the cultural development of education, health, sports and so on.
4) The PICES promotes the exchange and cooperation among the cultural centres such as museums, exhibitions and libraries, and encourages and promotes the reciprocal exchange of delegations.
5) The PICES has a special interest in the exchange of men of culture including writers, artistes and professors, and actively supports to bring it into reality.
6) The PICES develops the exchange and cooperation of cultural information of varied types through internet and launches various activities of publicity through it.
7) The PICES welcomes the personages of all circles hoping to visit the DPRK with an idea of independence, peace and friendship and helps them in possible extent.
1) The PICES is financed with the revenue from the state subsidy, individual or collective donations, advisory service and low-profit social activities.
2) The PICES accepts the donations seeking after a specific aim pursuant to the principles of activities and the range of the PICES, and the revenue from the low-profit social activities is not accumulated in the form of the capital, but entirely channeled into the non-profitable social activities of the PICES.
3) The PICES is put on the regular audit of the appropriate supervisory institution.